Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Is it possible that we may have been misled about some Biblical truths?

O YHWH, my strength, and my fortress, and my refuge in the day of affliction, the Gentiles shall come unto thee from the ends of the earth, and shall say, Surely our fathers have inherited lies, vanity, and things wherein there is no profit.   Jeremiah 16:19


Hello again and welcome!  Here is a verse from the prophet Jeremiah that answers todays question.  Jeremiah is speaking to Yahweh (YHWH) and saying to Him that the Gentiles (that's us unless you know you are of Jewish descent) shall come to Him and say our fathers have inherited lies, vanity, and things that have no profit.  I have found that indeed my fathers were misled by their fathers and they taught these lies to me without even knowing it.  I am not here to destroy everything you believe, please know that Father Yahweh has brought some things to light in my life that I would like to share with you all.  Let me know what you think about these things.


Let me start with an example.  Do you recognize this picture?  Obviously it is a picture of Yahushua (Jesus).  This picture is recognized by all and is beautiful.  But you should be aware that this is the image that man has taught us to have of Christ, through these drawings and pictures.  Let's look at 1 Corinthians 11:14.  "Doth not even nature itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him?"  We know that Christ lived a sinless life on Earth and never brought shame upon himself or his Father!  The picture is not a big deal, I just want you to see that we can trust no man for truth about the Bible. 

We are told in 1 Thessalonians 5:21 to prove all things.  We just proved that this is not an accurate picture of our Messiah.  If this is how you have always pictured Yahushua, then I would just ask you to think about what else you have been taught about the Bible and then check it against the Bible to prove its truth.  I have been studying for 12 years now and I still find things I "knew" were in the Bible, but after diligently seaching, I am shocked AGAIN to find out I was wrong.  The journey to truth is just that, a journey.  If I have provoked thought then I would be honored to walk with you on your journey.  If I have stepped on your toes please forgive me and know I will probably do it again.

YHWH bless you and keep you until we talk again.

With the love of Messiah,

HuffDaddy

No comments:

Post a Comment